Influenster Naturals VoxBox: Product Review # 1 -- GEODEO

I have tried some of the items that came in the VoxBox I blogged about here.  But, there is one in particular that I felt compelled to write about ASAP.  It is the GEODEO, a natural deodorant plus 'Detox Complex'.  The claim of the product is "...keeping you fresh for 24-hour odor protection."


When I put this deodorant on my underarms the first time, I had just shaved and it was in the evening before bed.  I woke up the next morning, and things seemed just fine--no smell, no sweating under the arms, etc.  I put more on before dressing to get me through the rest of the day, and it felt/smelled like it was working.  It was about 85 degrees outside, I didn't work/exercise too hard, so I wasn't perspiring too, too much.  Then, I used it again after a shower, in the evening.  I put it on before I went to bed so it would have time to "sink in", if you know what I mean.  I woke like before: without smell or perspiration.  So, I put more on before I dressed.  But, this time it was 95 degrees outside (usually our normal spring/summer/fall weather)...  I worked at my son's preschool for 3+ hours and 18 kids in an air conditioned room.  An hour or so in, I got a whiff of this odor.  I thought I had walked past "the smelly kid in class" (yes, a quote from Adam Sandler's Big Daddy movie) or something!  NO WAY!  It was me!!!  I have a BIG issue with not smelling like body odor or sweat or what not.  But, it was me that had an odor!!  NOT GOOD!!!

I have stopped using this product.   It is too bad because I was so excited about it.  When I opened the VoxBox and read about the products, this is the first one that jumped out at me that I needed to try THAT DAY!!  Bummer...  For me, it does not stand up to it's promise of '24-hour odor protection, keeping you fresh'...  It kept me stinky...

So, I definitely am not a fan of the GEODEO deodorant in Island scent.  If you are one of the few that either don't sweat or whose sweat don't stink, then this could be the product for you.  Nevertheless, it is NOT the one for me.  Secret Solid, here I come.  I've missed you...

~Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment