Here is the finished look:
The letter backings are just black and orange scrapbook paper. I cut the shapes with a bracket die cut in a Big Shot.
The letters are pre-cut vinyl letters I purchased at Michael's. They are 2" in size.
The Frankenstein head was cut from a bright green piece of scrapbook paper I had laying around. I cut that in a triangle--no pattern--in proportion to the die cuts. His hair is a jaggedly cut out piece of black scrapbook paper. His bolts are made from 4 little, rectangle pieces of gray scrapbook paper that I taped with Scotch Tape. I glued 2 medium sized gray rectangles I cut out from the same paper as the bolts; then, I drew in the pupil with a black marker. Last, I free-hand drew his scars on with a black marker.
Then, I punched out 2 holes in top, center of each die cut/letter. I strung a small diameter, satin rope (using a ribbon would definitely be cute, too) through the punch outs, leaving room for Frankenstein.
Finally, Frankenstein was hung on the banner with 2 tiny green clothespins that I got from my sister in law.
I sure hope everyone enjoyed this tutorial! I just had an inkling to make it when I saw all of these different, cute ideas and I ended up with this! If I can do it, anyone can... :) If you have a holiday banner, let me know! I always love new ideas.
Thanks for stopping by!