Wreath Madness!! {Easter Egg Wreath}

So, I know I have been away for a few months, but things have been hectic in our household (like everyone else).  I just have to learn better time management.  So, I am promising myself to try to post at least 3 times a week from here on out.  It's kind of like dieting, so we will see how this goes...

I have been on a wreath making frenzy during my time away from this blog!  Valentine's Wreath, St. Patty's Wreath, and now Easter Wreaths!!   So, this post is going to focus on one of my two Easter Wreaths: the Plastic Egg Wreath.

Of course, I got inspiration from good ole Pinterest!!  I chose to make the plastic egg wreath for our front door AND a Peeps Chick Wreath for over our mantle!  Crazy?  Yes, but I did it and am TOTALLY proud of myself.  That's why I know you all could make these wreaths, too.  They are totally simple to make, and I am going to do my best to try to explain the steps I took for the Egg Wreath...

1.  Supplies gathered were: plastic eggs from the Dollar Tree (approximately 10 bags of 18 eggs each), glue gun and glue sticks (start hoarding glue sticks when you have coupons for the craft stores because the glue gun will become your best friend), green paper Easter grass--I already had (they have some paper-looking grass at the Dollar Tree, but it is actually plastic--weird, I know), some ribbon of your choice (I chose yellow gingham 2" ribbon), and a wreath form (I used a flat backed, rounded front Styrofoam wreath from Joann).  You cannot really see the true wreath form below, but I wanted you to know that it is a Beveled Styrofoam Wreath 12"x 2.5" x 2".
 
 2.  I started by hot gluing eggs in a random pattern around the face of the wreath; then, I hot glued eggs on the outside and inside edges of the wreath (so I could have something for the eggs on top to stick too...).  Last, I glued the top eggs randomly all over the top of the wreath, focusing to cover any of the larger sized holes I made with the start of this process.  


3.  Then, I started stuffing the grass in the holes I couldn't cover with the top eggs.  I bunched up the grass, put some hot glue on an end, and stuffed the grass in the spaces with an unsharpened pencil (or, you could use the end on one of your glue sticks, too.


4.  Last, I carefully added the yellow gingham ribbon to the top of the wreath to make the hanger part of the wreath, and formed a bow by cutting another piece of ribbon and tying it around the hanger part, so it would have something to attach to.


That's it!  Did you make any Easter or Spring wreaths?  I'd love to hear about them...

-Kim




No comments:

Post a Comment