Fall Initial {Wreath}: Tutorial

I made this wreath in, maybe, 45 minutes to an 1 hour.  We were going to dinner at a new family's home and I wanted to bring them something more than the lavender plant we got for them.  So, I had a grapevine wreath I found at the Dollar Tree and went to work!


Supplies Needed:
(1) Grapevine Wreath
Brown Velvet Ribbon (or any that you have on hand)
A Variety of Artificial Fall Flowers (I used 1 large flower, 3 medium flowers, 5-6 small flowers, some yellow tiny flowers to fill in areas) and some random leaves pulled off of the stems
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue sticks
(1) Medium Sized wooden letter (I used an 'S' and painted it orange to match the flowers)


First, I painted the letter orange, and set it aside to dry, while I finished the wreath.  I used one quick light coat and then painted another regular coat on top of that.

Next, I glued the largest flower on first, then the 3 medium flowers around it.  Then, I put the smaller flowers at the ends and used the leaves and the filler flowers to cover any holes, etc.

I added buttons to the middles of the 2 smaller flowers on the ends of the grouping.  Then, I glued the letter on the flower grouping where I thought it looked best.


Next, I made a simple bow out of some brown velvet ribbon.  Thanks to Craft Dot Cupcake on YouTube for the tutorial!!   I glued it to the top of the wreath because I didn't think that it would look good as a dangling wreath.  So, the bow at the top would suffice.

That's it!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Let me know if you've made any cute fall wreaths!!


No comments:

Post a Comment