Quick Thanksgiving Day Place Cards {Haystacks}

Hi, there!!  I was trolling around on the Internet and came across this cool tutorial for some Haystack Place Cards from The Twinery.  They looked so cute and so easy, I decided to try them myself right then and there!  I had all of the items needed, so I said to myself, "Why not?"

They will be a cute addition to any Thanksgiving table spread!!





{mine}


Here are the directions from The Twinery, with some input from me on what I tweaked...  Have fun!

Recipe for creating these Hay Bundle Place Cards:
2 sheets of Card Stock (each measure 4.5″ x 12″)
Adhesive (double sided tape or adhesive runner works best)
Baker’s Twine  - we used our twine in MarigoldCappuccino and Mandarin
Mini Gift Tags
Scissors 
Bone Folder (used to create the score lines)

To create each hay bundle, you’ll just need two 4.5″ x 12″ pieces of card stock.  {I additionally used card stock that measured 4.25" x 11".  I just picked from what I had on hand!!}

Then, you’ll just need to score two lines down the center of the card stock – leaving about a 1 inch gap between the two lines to create the “center” of the hay bundle.  {I scored it at 1.75" and 2.75" for the 4.5" x 12" papers; and, at 1.5" and 2.5" for the 4.25" x 11" papers I used.}

You’ll then cut about 1/4″ slits on either side of the “center” of the hay bundle until you reach the center of it.   {You could always use those fringy scissors, too!}

Please see The Twinery's diagram below for easy instructions…
Then just roll the fringed card stock into a tube, secure the end with tape or glue.  {I used a bit of hot glue.} 

Wrap baker’s twine around the center (middle) of the hay bundle.  {Though I LOVE LOVE LOVE 
The Twinery, I just used some baker's twine that I found in the scrapbook aisle at Michael's.  Yes, I already had this, too.}

Attach a small name tag with twine to the center.  {I used a 1" hole punch, and then wrote names in the circle.}

That's it!!

I hope you enjoyed this post.  Thanks so much for stopping by...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment