Easy Teacher / Aide Gift: CRAYON CONTAINER


Hi there!  I discovered this simple teachers gift through none other than Pinterest.  There are so many variations out there, but I decided to do two small, but wide containers.  Getting the 'pattern' decided was the hardest part to this project!! :)

Here's what you'll need:
3-4 boxes of crayons, depending on your container
Glue Gun
Empty container: plastic, glass (from the dollar store), cans, cartons, whatever is available
Ribbon (optional)


I started with sorting the colors and shades together:  I put all of the reds together, then all of the oranges, etc.   Once I completed that, I figured out which patterns I wanted the crayons in.  We have 2 teachers at my son's preschool, so I used two different patterns.

The first one was the hues together: all the reds/pinks together, then all of the oranges/peaches, then all of the yellows, and so on.

The second one was the traditional rainbow colors: reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, and purples.  Here's a picture of that one as well:

After I decided on the patterns, I started hot gluing them onto my plastic container.  (They were actually powdered shake containers that I cut in half.)

I made sure that the {Crayola} was facing the outside, just so things could be uniform.  When I finished gluing the crayons all around the containers, I finished it up with coordinating ribbon.

I'll likely be filling these with candies and a gift card, or some pens/pencils, highlighters and the like.

I enjoyed making this simple project, and I know you will, too!

Here are some more pictures for you...














Linking to:
The Shabby Nest
A Peek into My Paradise
Monday Funday @ C.R.A.F.T.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into My Paradise TGIF Link Party.

    I hope you will come party with us next week and see if you were featured! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week!

    Hugs! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart is this?! I know they will love it! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. I can't wait make these with my son for his teachers. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Trish, This is a perfectly fun craft! Would love to have you link to my party! Following. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/05/what-to-do-weekends-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of the one where you did the colors in hues!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments! I do appreciate them...

    ReplyDelete